Wednesday 8 January 2014

And now it's 2014.

I'm not actually sure where parts of 2013 went. Some of it was a bit of a blur. Yes - I can hear you sniggering, but that's not down to alcohol, or any other interesting substances - just life stuff.  And here we are, with a new calendar and all. Plus some glossy new hopes and good intentions for the brand new year. Yes, well, maybe.

Do I really need to tidy this one?
New Year is the traditional time for resolutions. You know the drill - more exercise, healthy eating, more sleep, three new novels with the publishers. Well, your list possibly doesn't have the novels in it, but you get the idea. And so many of them broken by January 31st ...

I've been down that road so many times I don't do resolutions any more. But I am planning, very quietly, throughout January, to try and make 'A Plan'. This will involve mostly the way I use my time. I hope those novels will be in it, but I can't be sure. Life happens, and it doesn't half mess up your schedules. And that way guilt, and madness, lies. But I am going to include some small things that I hope are achievable. Like shredding the junk mail when it comes in, instead of waiting until it's teetering mountain that takes a day and a half to shift. I'd like to include 20 minutes a week to tackle tidying a drawer or a shelf to throw out accumulated junk. Surely 20 minutes a week isn't too much to ask? Hmmm. we shall see.

Here's to The Plan.

And if you have stuck to tradition and made a few resolutions for this year, I wish you every success with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment