Here it is - The places I've visited that I want to use in a book list - (and yes, I have written about some of them before.)
|Favourite view of Florence|
2) London. Because I used to live there and I still love it. I have murky, half formed plans for something set on the Tube,
3) Paris. Because you can do a day trip on Euro star, which I haven't done for ages. Romance and shopping.
4) The coast of South Wales, where I live - but an invented coast, with all the features that I want to include in a series of books. And my own island. Writers can do that, you know. Power!
5) Lancaster. Where I went to university. A lovely city with a lot of history, it's own castle and very close to Pendle, of witchcraft fame.
6) The Greek Islands - any Greek island. I've not been there for much too long, so a research trip would definitely be called for.
7) Guernsey - went there for the 2014 Crime Writers' Conference and loved it. Actually the next WIP might be set there.
8) New York - went there for Thriller fest 2014. Did various museums, libraries and other locations and daydreamed lots of creepy stuff.
10) The Welsh Marches - an atmospheric stretch of country, with the mystery that a border always seems to hold. Folklore, legends, spooky stuff.
That's this week's list. I notice a recurring motif - islands.
Next week - places I've not yet visited.