Wednesday 3 June 2015

It's all about the stories

A couple of weeks ago I did a lightening hop to London for the RNA summer party - as much fun as always and so good to catch up with friends. And soak up the writing atmosphere that I have been missing of late. The award for the Joan Hessayon was the big event of the evening ... congratulations to the wonderful finalists and winner Brigid Coady, who was very sweet about letting me hold the trophy. I gave it back with only the smallest of struggles.

I also managed to squeeze in a couple of hours at the Chelsea Flower Show the evening before. When I lived in Chelsea I was a regular, but I haven't been there for a while. Fun again to catch up. I took pictures, intending them to be for myself - a few memories and ideas for my own garden. (Dream big!!!!) When I ran through them I realised that several of the gardens and displays I had chosen to photograph seemed to tell a story, be an inspirational setting or be connected to some point in history, so I thought I would share a few of them after all.
 
I loved this one for the cool quality of the stone and the white and green planting. 
This was an evocation of a garden in the South of France. Perfect setting for a book? 


This was France again - the retelling of a story of an airman shot down in WWII

One for the history buffs - celebrating Magna Carta


Another historical theme - this time Waterloo

No comments:

Post a Comment