Wednesday 1 September 2021

Next!

 OK - the edits are done, unless the proofer comes back with something drastic. I hope not. I have a reasonably happy editor and a blank diary. Well - that's not quite true. I have a new manuscript that I want to get my teeth into, but I also have CHORES. Like dealing with whatever is making the floor in the kitchen stick to my feet, or my feet stick to the floor, whatever is your preference, and a mountain of ironing, not to mention cleaning and cooking. I have a new freezer on order and I have to eat the contents of the old one before they can deliver it, and there are bills to pay and I have blogs to write and other pre-publication stuff to deal with. 

So, it's going to be a while before I can re-acquaint myself with the WIP.

It's also September which for very personal reasons is my least favourite month of the twelve, and not just because it is the start of autumn and then all down hill to winter - cold and dark. 

But there is one bright spot - the chance to hold on to summer for a while longer. Publication day for A Villa in Portofino on 21st September. 

Something to look forward to. How am I going to celebrate? Not sure yet, but publication of my sixth book will still be an event, culmination of a lot of work - mine and the team at my publisher. Book seven might be on hold for the moment, but A Villa in Portofino is going to be a lot of fun in the meantime. 




And if you're holding on to summer don't forget this short story collection from Choc-Lit and Ruby authors, with proceeds to MIND.




No comments:

Post a Comment