Wednesday 28 June 2023

Out and about

 June was National Crime Reading Month and Cardiff Library staged a number of events, including a whole day of talks last Saturday, arranged in conjunction with Crime Cymru and Diamond Crime. I was one of the authors and it was a fabulous day. Lots of talent on show - all with connections to Wales, even if not all the books are set there.  We had a great audience, most of whom managed to stay with us for the whole day. I was the last session, discussing Psychological Thrillers with the lovely Louise Mumford who has a brand new book out The Hotel - which sounds like it is major creepy.  Although my genre is romantic suspense there is a lot of overlap - the importance  of place, the sense of menace, the personalities of the characters ...

It was fun, we laughed and I hope the audience enjoyed it. I hope we can do it again next year. 



Confession - I snaffled the picture from the library twitter feed - so fingers crossed no one minds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment