Wednesday 22 January 2014

Not quite blue ...

Actually I seem to have two moons here. I blame the camera. 

Apparently a blue moon is when there are two full moons in a month. It's not supposed to happen often, hence the expression 'Once in a blue moon.' January 2014 doesn't have a blue moon, but it does have two new moons.

 (I think March does too.)

The new moon is supposed to be a good time to make a start on things. So we get two chances to start over for the opening of 2014.



Sunset.
If you look closely, you might just spot the evening star.

I'm making a note of the stars, seasons and traditional festivals at the moment for a work that is not yet in progress but is hanging about in  my brain and generally making a nuisance of itself. I'm also making notes on the weather, and there is certainly a bit of that about lately. Part of the 'research' is taking pictures, so I'll remember what the moon, stars and sky looked like.


Today I thought I'd share a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment