Wednesday 24 November 2021

Props from A Villa in Portofino


No, it's not an invitation to tea. Well actually it might be.

I used the idea of family history when writing A Villa in Portofino and when I was writing it I also made use of some family artifacts which inspired their own small incidents in the story. Circumstances have prevented a location tour for the book, although maybe that will be possible in the future. Instead I thought it would add to the enjoyment for readers to see some of these props that were inspirations, so I have put together a small 'tour'. Today I am unveiling the results, which can be found in the 'Pages' section.  You can see the various tour menus at the top of the blog.  

WARNING - SPOILER ALERT

If you haven't read the book yet some of the pictures might give away parts of the plot - and the whole thing will make more sense after reading rather than before. If and when you have read it, I hope you enjoy seeing some of the items I drew on when writing it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment