Wednesday 23 March 2022

March is my favourite month?

 I think it might be - simply because with the passing of the equinox there are only longer days and shorter nights to look forward to. Other than that milestone, it's been a quiet week. I'm deeply enmeshed in getting Riviera 4 from handwritten to typed draft, so everything else has got a bit blurred. I did make some rather timid attempts at getting some order in the garden, as the sun was shining. It's high on my agenda for this year, along with some other things that need doing inside the house. Other than that, nothing much. I discovered a huge plot hole on Sunday and it took me most of the day to fill it - but that is much better than having your editor point it out to you much later in the proceedings. 

Returning to that equinox - which means that a quarter of the year is gone already! Those points in the year - equinox, solstice, the various old festivals like Beltane, Lammas and Samhain always stir up a long held idea of writing something that would encompass the atmosphere that they might create. I suspect Mary Stewart's Wildfire at Midnight may have something to do with that as the Beltane fires are an integral part of the story. 

For the moment I'm still on the Riviera and enjoying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment