Wednesday 9 March 2022

What a night!

 Well, I didn't win the Jackie Collins Award for Romantic Thriller 2022. I didn't really expect to - and big congratulations to friend Sue Fortin who took the trophy home. 



What I did have was a fabulous night. It was so good to see friends that I have not met in real life in ages, and to be part of a big event  totally dedicated to celebrating romantic fiction. There was food, conversation, lots of that, celebration and laughter. I got my name and a pic of the book cover in the programme, a certificate which I think I shall frame, and my name badge had a sparkly red heart to show I was a nominee. I had my picture taken with the other finalists, which will probably surface in due course. I hope I don't have my eyes closed and my mouth open - although if I do it will not be for the first time. 


I had a lovely night, catching up with old friends and making new ones and it really was a night to remember. As a nominee I got a lot of congratulations and the warmth and excitement of the evening, with so many people meeting up after so long, was noticeable. I doubt I will ever have the experience again, and I made the most of it. On the wardrobe front - in the event I couldn't get into either of the dresses - not if I still wanted to be able to breathe as well - too much chocolate at Christmas, I'm afraid. I ended up with a green jumpsuit which is more forgiving, with blue shoes and bag, so I matched the cover of the book quite nicely. 


The rest of the weekend was lovely too, particularly  spending Sunday afternoon in the Egyptian rooms of the British Museum, researching for the WIP. I'm glad to say that the first draft of that is very nearly finished. Now I am back home and back to reality, I need to make progress with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment