Wednesday 13 December 2023

Coming around again.


My new publisher, Joffe Books, who have taken over the former Choc-Lit titles make something of a speciality of backlists and re-issues. It was only a matter of time before they re-discovered my older titles to give them a second time around, and now it's happening. 

Multi Award winning Never Coming Home and award nominee Out of Sight Out of Mind will be released soon with brand new covers. 

Both books are a decade or so old, written as competition entries for a big US reality contest where they both made the final,  and are very different from what I have been writing lately. They are very much in the romantic thriller mode, rather than romantic mystery.  More gritty, more violent, more bad language! (Sorry if that is not your thing.)  They still have independent heroines and red hot heroes, although the latter are a bit more ambiguous than the leading men in the Riviera series. 

Although I love the Riviera books and completely enjoy writing them I've been wanting for a while to get back to style of the books that began my career, so I am quite excited over the re-issue of these two. 

I have a new idea currently in research and development that lends itself to that style that will also take me back to locations in my native Wales, so I am looking forward to working  on it.

I have done some re-editing for Never Coming Home, and have seen the new updated cover for Out of Sight Out of Mind - which is very different and very on-trend, so it won't be long before I am able to share them with readers. Those who already have the books won't need to buy them again - unless you want to - but maybe there will be new readers out there who will be inspired to take a look. I hope so.

Working with those books I know that getting back to that style is going to be a challenge, but the new idea is one I have wanted to work on for some time. It will be a journey. I hope readers will come with me as I make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment