Wednesday 6 December 2023

Gadding about

 I'm a bit late posting this week as I have been out having fun. London at the weekend - a longer trip than intended as I got caught out by an unexpected train strike and had to stay over an extra day, not coming back until Monday. Then yesterday  I was out at Xmas lunch with some friends, and my last morning lecture today for the gardens course so it has been rather hectic

London was fun, as usual. Sang my first carols at a festive music concert at St Martin's in the Fields and ate my first mince pie - on the train coming home! 

The big event was the Romantic Novelists' Association London and South East Chapter Xmas lunch. I had a lovely time, met friends, ate nice food and got my picture taken with Santa, We were encouraged to take a book for the pic and to donate to prison literacy projects, which I was happy to do. 


I spent some time on one of my favourite things, wandering around London. Did some window shopping and some not window shopping, very indulgent and more so because I had the extra time to investigate the Glossier shop, in Covent Garden, which on weekends has long queues outside it but was much quieter on Monday!  The windows at Selfridges are always worth a visit and this year was no exception.  And I found a pop up shop in one of the back streets on the Portman Estate where you could send letters to Santa complete with golden pillar box.

I took some pictures and generally enjoyed myself 



Sending letters to Santa

Candy cane man, There is a face and body
 in there somewhere. 





I thought the masks on these three angels
were just a little bit spooky. 



















Self indulgent shopping 





No comments:

Post a Comment