At this time of the year, with the weather mostly grey and a long slog of the day job still ahead, I'm not at my best. A time for appreciating some simple pleasures. I don't have time to spare for complicated ones!
- The first cup of tea of the day - which is what gave me the idea for this post
- Very slightly but progressively lighter evenings - noticeable when I go for my afternoon gallop 'around the block'
- Looking at the sea - part of the gallop
- Things beginning to happen in the garden - the green shoots of bulbs now a few inches tall. Actually the garden is weird at the moment - mild weather so I have honeysuckle and rosemary flowering. I also have a visiting blackbird who has enjoyed stripping the berries off the pyracantha. He's welcome, but I worry that the neighbourhood cats might enjoy him in quite a different way.
- That mild weather - I hate the cold
- The company of friends - last week it was meeting my local RNA Chapter and celebrating the launch of a debut novel that is going to be a mega seller, this week an unexpected dinner out.
- My stash of Christmas chocolate
- Finally finishing the ironing!
Not a long list, but one to be grateful for.
One of those recommendations you get for the start of a new year is keeping a gratitude diary. I don't have one of those, but the blog is a good substitute. I won't be doing it every day though!