Wednesday 2 January 2019

2019 ... What if?

Well, the first question is - where did 2018 go? It only seems five minutes since it was New Year's Eve last year!

One way or another 2019 is going to be a big year - and that has nothing to do with politics, I hasten to add. The day job, a.k.a the PhD, has to be completed, so that is the first priority. Actually, it's the only priority. At the moment the thing is a MESS, but I am working on it. I hope it will get better, soon.

Once that is off my hands, and it will not be until August, I'm afraid, I can get back to some writing again, which will be a relief, as I have sooooo many books all lined up and demanding to be written. I think it is a plot, or a trick of the mind, or something. As I know there is no hope of writing any of them now, they are buzzing around like bees on a buddleia, Enough for about the next twenty years or so. Once the day job is finally wrapped up, all of them will be off into the sunset, I bet you. Won't see the little blighters for dust. All there will be is a pile of obscure post-it notes that don't make sense. I bet that too.

I don't do resolutions - all those more or lesses - you know, eat less, exercise more. I do have hopes though. And there is something about a brand new year.

Potential, and maybe just a shiver of excitement? Possibilities?

Time for that classic writer's question - What if?

New adventures? Maybe. I don't have plans - 'cos PhD, but it would be nice to do some new things this year, even, just maybe, have a proper holiday?

Who knows? Except that before you know it another new year will be rolling around?

Life's like that.

Make the most of this one.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment